Categorie: Politic, juridic, guvernamental
Nume și prenume candidat:Petrea Gabriela
Nominalizare: JCI București
Ocupația sau profesia candidatului: Avocat
Educație – Diplome, Premii:
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Faculty of Law, Iaşi, Romania.
- Training on the negotiation of the EFET power and gas purchase agreements held by Deutsche Bank AG in Dusseldorf;
- Master Workshop on Construction Claims in case of FIDIC & other contracts organized by Prime Consulting in cooperation with RICS and CiJ;
- Training organized by OPCOM regarding the Balancing Market, the Day-Ahead Market and the Green Certificates Market;
- Training organized by OPCOM regarding the Centralised Markets for Bilateral Contracts and the Intra-Day Market;
- DACI-AS VIP Personal and Professional Development Course held by Elisabeta Stanciulescu;
- Training “Upstream Oil & Gas Industry and Related Transactions” held by White & Case.
Lista celor mai importante lucrări/articole publicate și o scurtă descriere a acestora:
- Global Legal Group – Romania Chapter of 4th Edition Mergers & Acquisitions Global Legal Insights guide – 2015
- BizLawyer – Key elements for a successful IPO – 2015
- ro – Trading electricity at variable prices and quantities – 2015
- BizLawyer – Renewable Energy Market Analysis – Part I – 2015
- BizLawyer – Renewable Energy Market Analysis – Part II – 2015
- Ghidul consultantilor juridici pe piata energiei – Finantistii – The promotion of cogeneration – 2012
Informații cronologice cu privire la cariera candidatului și domeniul de activitate:
- Between 2008 – 2010 I was an associate lawyer with White & Case, a law firm ranked in the top five global law firms.
- Between 2010 – 2015 I was a senior associate with Peli Filip, one of the top law firms in Romania.
- Between 2016 – to date I am EMEA Legal Counsel, Global Procurement Legal within Oracle, the second largest software company in the world.
I am a commercial lawyer with over 10 years of experience in the following practice areas: Corporate & Commercial, Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy & Natural Resources and Real Estate.
I have experience in corporate and commercial matters as well as in mergers & acquisitions, having advised a broad range of high profile private clients and multinational corporations in connection with the structuring and implementation of investment projects in various sectors.
I have also diverse expertise in all fields relevant for the Energy & Natural Resources practice – from power (hydro, co-generation, renewable sources), to gas and oil and other natural resources. I have advised local and international utility companies, project developers, investment funds, financing institutions, power and gas producers, suppliers and consumers on a high number of diverse and complex matters, including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, restructurings, financing and project development.
I have also advised clients on high profile projects in relation to real estate matters, having dealt with all legal aspects involved ranging from due diligence, permitting, deal structuring, real estate development, construction and operation.
Detalii suplimentare cu privire la realizările excepționale ale candidatului și provocările cu care s-a confruntat pentru a le atinge:
As an EMEA Legal Counsel I work in a global environment as part of a diverse global team, working collaboratively with diverse and multinational teams. I perform broad legal assignments that are varied and complex in character, acting as counsel to managers in business units, marketing, human resources and the finance department. The role requires to provide legal support for commercial transactions, including structuring, drafting and negotiating cross-border procurement agreements of over EUR 50 million and real estate transactions. I pro-actively drive contract excellence and standard work, translating global contracting standards for EMEA. I also contribute to and provide legal training and coaching to various teams on legal policies and compliance matters.
Referințe primite din partea autorităților care ilustrează realizările candidatului:
I was asked to be a speaker to the second and third edition of the Romanian Wind Energy Forum – the most successful forum of the wind industry in Romania – organized by the Romanian Wind Energy Association with the support of the European Wind Energy Association (now WindEurope).
In an attempt to establish a creative dialogue between the business environment and state officials, the event brought together the most relevant actors to debate the current and future integration of wind energy in a two-day conference. More than 200 professionals from across Europe attended the event.
At the second edition I was part of the panel of experts discussing the new energy market configuration: PPAs, the Intraday Market and the Guarantee Fund.
At the third edition I was part of the panel of legal experts discussing the recent amendments to the renewable energy legislation.
Modul în care candidatul exemplifică principiul exprimat în următoarea linie a Crezului JCI: „Lucrul în folosul umanităţii este cea mai nobilă formă de a munci.”
At the Energy Law Summer School – First Edition – July 2014 I co-designed and delivered a presentation entitled ”Shale gas – judicial, technical, political aspects” to an audience of 17 students from ten countries and organized a negotiation exercise where the participants had the opportunity to apply the knowledge gained during the presentation. The Energy Law Summer School focused on complex and modern issues regarding energy law, aiming at enhancing students knowledge in a more applied manner and also rise awareness upon a practice area of great importance. The project involved many activities, courses and training seminars and workshops ranging from academic debate to question sessions, all conducted in a professional academic environment.
Between 2008 – 2013 I was the Legal Consultant of the Romanian Wind Energy Association.
In July 2017 I will give a presentation on leadership, an event organized together with the Bucharest Youth Association.
De ce persoana nominalizată ar trebui să fie dintre cei 10 tineri remarcabili ai României în 2017 și reprezentantul nostru în competiția internațională din 2018?
For me it is very important to improve my knowledge and I really enjoy learning new skills which can benefit my current and future roles. Through the various roles I had in different organizations I demonstrated leadership skills and inspired others. I am committed to continue to empower others and help them achieve their potential.